Support for Advanced Custom Fields and lots of fixes in version 2.21

It’s been a while since the last update so this update brings quite a few things.

Support for Advanced Custom Fields

Most noteable is support for the custom fields plugin Advanced Custom Fields.

When creating and editing fields and field groups you will now get a much clearer view of what’s been changed. You can see if a user renamed a field or if the type of field was changed. Or if new fields was added. A really great update for sites where multiple developers are adding and updating fields.

In the following screenshot you can se how I made som changes to the ACF Field Group “Contact options”. First I changed the type of two fields from text to e-mail and from text to textarea. And then I notices a spelling error in the label and fixed that. Without Simple History and this new logger for Advanced Custom Fields there would be no way for anyone to know that someone made those changes!

Simple History shows that field type and field label has been changed.

Taxonomies and categories now comes with links!

A small detail but when a taxonomy or a category has been changed the name of the term and the name of the taxonomy are not linked. Makes it so much easier now to go to the changes if you need to do further changes or similar.

It looks kinda like this:

Full changelog for version 2.21

Here is the full changelog for this version.

  • Added support for Advanced Custom Fields (ACF): when a ACF Field or ACF Field Group is created or modified or deleted you will now get more details in the activity feed.
  • Changes to taxonomies/categories/tags now include a link to the modified term and to the category that the term belongs to.
    The post types in the skip_posttypes filter are now also applied to trashed and untrashed posts (not only post edits, as before).
  • Don’t log Jetpack sitemap updates. (Don’t log updates to posttypes jp_sitemap, jp_sitemap_master and jp_img_sitemap, i.e. the post types used by Jetpack’s Sitemap function.) Should fix
  • Don’t log the taxonomies post_translations or term_translations, that are used by Polylang to store translation mappings. That contained md5-hashed strings and was not of any benefit (a separate logger for Polylang will come soon anyway).
  • Fix notice in theme logger because did not check if $_POST[‘sidebar’] was set. Fixes
  • Fix thumbnail title missing notice in post logger.
  • Fix PHP warning when a plugin was checked by WordPress for an update, but your WordPress install did not have the plugin folder for that plugin.
  • Fix unexpected single-quotations included in file name in Internet Explorer 11 (and possibly other versions) when exporting CSV/JSON file.
  • Fix filter/search log by specific users not working. Fixes
  • Fix a notice in SimpleOptionsLogger.
  • Better CSS styling on dashboard.
  • Add filter simple_history/post_logger/post_updated/context that can be used to modify the context added by SimplePostLogger.
  • Add filter simple_history/post_logger/post_updated/ok_to_log that can be used to skip logging a post update.
  • Add filter simple_history/categories_logger/skip_taxonomies that can be used to modify what taxonomies to skip when logging updates to taxonomy terms.

Pst! If you like Simple History it would be awesome if you could give an honest review of it.