Simple History 4.2.0 has been released with mainly bug fixes and some additions. Most notable is the addition of a filter to enable the use of Google Maps again.
Support for showing user origin on Google Maps is back
In previous versions of Simple History it was possible to the location of a user on a map. This function was later removed because Google requires all API calls to provide API keys.
Now this functionally is finally back! Using a new filter called
simple_history/maps_api_key your can provide your own API key that will be used for the Google Maps Static API to render a map of a user location.
See filter simple_history/maps_api_key for more information and examples.
Notice: 4.2.1 was released shortly after this to fix an issue with PHP 8 and logging while WP-Cron was running.
simple_history/day_of_week_to_purge_dbto set the day that the db should be cleared/purged on. 0 = monday, 7 = sunday. Default is 7.
- Add class
SimpleHistoryso old code like
- Add helper function
- Automatically convert camelCase function names to snake_case function names when calling functions on the
\Simple_Historyclass. This way more old code and old examples will work. Fixes for example support thread.
- Add filter
simple_history/privacy/add_char_to_anonymized_ip_addressto control if a char should be added to anonymized IPV4 addresses.
- Add filter
simple_history/maps_api_keyto set a Google Maps API key to be used to show a Google Map of the location of a user login using the user IP address.
- If a Google Maps API key is set then a map of a users location is shown when clicking on the IP address of a logged event. #249.
Undefined propertywarning when loading more similar events. #357
- Include “Plugin URI” from plugin when logging single plugin installs. #323
- Check that installed theme has a
- Log correct role for user when adding a user on a subsite on a network/multisite install. #325
- Check that required array keys exists in themeand translation loggers. Fixes support thread, issue #339.
- Fix undefined index warning in logger when context was missing
_user_login. Fix #367.
- Misc code cleanup and improvements.
- Fix spellings, as found by Typos.
- Move function
get_avatar()to helpers class.
- Change location of filter
gettext_with_contextand unhook when filter is not needed any more, resulting in much fewer function calls.
- IPV4 addresses that are anonymized get a “.x” added last instead of “.0” to make it more clear to the user that the IP address is anonymized.
- Remove unused schedule
- Remove function
- Remove support for automatically un-translating messages to the log, loggers are better and have better support for languages.